As plant-based foods are becoming more popular, The BRCGS Plant-Based Standard provides peace of mind for both industry and consumers. Branding on packaging enables consumers to make informed choices quickly and easily.
Certification is achieved by an accredited certification body conducting an external audit against standard requirements. BRCGS evaluates certification bodies based on their technical performance and efficiency of customer service.
- Processed foods, both own brand and customer branded
- Ingredients for use by food service companies, catering companies, and food manufacturers
- Pet foods (GFSI benchmarked schemes only)
- Natural health products
- The BRCGS Plant-Based Standard is applicable to any food company involved in the production of plant-based food – which means any product which is free of material of animal origin. The Standard is:
- Achievable – Takes a common sense, risk-based approach, providing companies with a clear path towards certification
- Appropriate – The Standard is HACCP-based and incorporates claim management systems and internationally accepted best manufacturing practices.
- Brand Protection – The on-pack Plant-Based trademark will allow brands and products to differentiate themselves and empower consumers to make informed choices quickly and easily
- Cost effective – Certification reduces the need and expense of duplicate audits.
- Combined audits – Plant-Based audits may be conducted as a standalone or in combination with any GFSI certification audit.
The nearly 20 years of experience in the field have made Certima efficient, competent and trusted certification body for BRCGS.