BRCGS Gluten-free Certification Program
Certification of your food production system to the BRCGS gluten-free standard at every stage of the delivery chain provides the safety, quality and operational capabilities necessary to meet your commitment to regulatory compliance and consumer protection in domestic and international markets.
The Global Gluten-Free Certification Program (GFCP) Standards provide a framework for a gluten-free management system. Help manage gluten in gluten-free products from manufacturing to processing to packaging.
This standard is based on HACCP and includes food safety management systems and internationally recognized best manufacturing practices to ensure product safety and quality. The BRCGS Gluten Free Certification Program can be attached to GFSI Benchmark Food Safety Standards such as BRCGS Food, FSSC 22000, IFS Food and SQF.
It complements the GFSI benchmark criteria and is recognized by major celiac disease associations worldwide. This standard applies to the following products:
- Processed foods, both own brand and customer branded.
- Ingredients for use by food service companies, catering companies and/or food manufacturers.
- Pet foods.
- Natural health products.
Benefits of becoming certified
Those on a strictly gluten-free diet need to know that the products they display are safe. The gluten-free management system offers a high level of protection against errors and clear detection at the point of purchase.
Audits can be conducted separately or in combination with a GFSI certification audit. This reduces audit costs and business disruption. In addition, harmonize authentication data for convenience.
Adopting a systems-based and facility certification approach to gluten- free management can help your company:
- Prevent product failure.
- Reduce the risks associated with relying solely on end-product gluten testing.
- Protect persons at risk and make it easy to identify gluten-free products.
- Open new markets and increases business opportunities.
- Builds consumer brand trust by associating gluten-free consumer product claims and endorsements with leading celiac organizations.
The nearly 20 years of experience in the field have made Certima efficient, competent and trusted certification body for the BRCGS standards.